Two 3 year old speeding tickets out of state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zipxavier

I have two open speeding tickets in Dutchess County New York from 2006. Since Florida and New York are both members of the DLC I cannot get my license back without taking care of these.

I haven't made a plea in either case, and was told by phone that I could mail in a plea of guilty and pay the fines to resolve them.

My issue is the point system in New York. I cannot recall the mph violations, but two speeding tickets of any variety will add to at least 6 points on my currently suspended license. So on top of the estimated $300 of ticket fines for the two, I would have to cough up $600 for the Driver's Responsibility Assessment for accumulating 6 points on my license.

If it comes down to it, I can hopefully schedule court dates around a visit to my family who lives in the area.

Since I can enter a guilty plea by mail for these, could I plea not guilty as well?

I know it is impossible to predict a definite outcome, but would it likely help to show up to court?

My last question: Say I plea guilty and pay by mail, even though the tickets are from 2006, would my license have the 6 points on it until 18 months from the date the case closed?

I appreciate any assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back