Drain-no

Status
Not open for further replies.

ourhome

I just recently purchased a home and discovered that there is a drain problem in the main sewer line. I had the home inspected prior to the purchase and this was not address in the inspector's report. What can I do about this? Is the inspector liable for not mentioning or noticing this problem.

We found out the cause for the drain problem...there is a ball stuck in my main drain. In order to get the ball out, my patio have to be dug out, a piece of the pipe remove and replace. The price of this digout is estimated to be 3200 without repaving the patio. Since this ball was there prior to settlement/closing, can we go after the sellers for this amount?

Someone, please help me.

Last edited:
our_home said:
I just recently purchased a home and discovered that there is a drain problem in the main sewer line. I had the home inspected prior to the purchase and this was not address in the inspector's report. What can I do about this? Is the inspector liable for not mentioning or noticing this problem.

We found out the cause for the drain problem...there is a ball stuck in my main drain. In order to get the ball out, my patio have to be dug out, a piece of the pipe remove and replace. The price of this digout is estimated to be 3200 without repaving the patio. Since this ball was there prior to settlement/closing, can we go after the sellers for this amount?

Someone, please help me.

What was contained within your inspection agreement? Reasonable items should be caught and your remedy is with the inspection company not with the sellers. The reason why you have title insurance and other pre-closing tasks is to protect yourself as much as possible prior to the signing over of the deed. In most jurisdictions, one you've bought it and signed the deed it's yours (and something like this is doubtful to be covered in the remedies I'm talking about.) In an instance like this you also had the right to inspect and any failure of the inspection is something you will unfortunately have to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back