Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Alias on criminal's arrest warrant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick7734

My Brother in law was arrested earlier this week by the Maryland State Police due to his name flagging as an alias on an arrest warrant issued by the state of michigan. After about 20 minutes the MD state police realized he did not fit the profile of the actual criminal (no tatoos, shorter, and about 150 lbs less). However, after talking with my Sister and Brother in law I learned this was part of an on-going process that they thought was settled. Calling multiple contacts in michigan police, court system, and the criminal's parole officer, it was told to my Sister that there was nothing they could do (only one police officer would talk to her letting her know they would try to arrest him if they could). In fact, the only thing any of them said was to carry a picture of the criminal and when my brother in law would be pulled over to explain the situation over and over again.

I find this crazy, but wanted to find out if there was anything further we could do to delete my brother in law's name from this criminal's alias list. Is it true that there is no way to do this? and if so, why is it possible for any criminal to pose as somebody else, have that other person's name added on to their alias list, and that other person have a warrant issued for them and then arrested?

Anyways, here is a summary:

July 2002 - My Sister and Brother in Law move from Michigan to Maryland.
A childhood friend (the criminal) was there and was helping them move. My brother in law still had his mail going to his home in michigan, which comes into play later.

Sept 2002 - Due to his mail still going to his home in michigan he didn't receive notices about credit collection on hosiptal fees for a gun shot wound, ER and medical services.

Nov 2002 - Brother in law changes his state of residence to MD, and receives new MD drivers license.

Dec 2002 - Received notices that all the expenses were at a collection agency due to non-payment/contact. Sister contacted to explain that brother-in-law has been working in MD since the end of July and have proof of employment to prove it.

Dec 2002 - Sister notified MI police about identity theft, FTC, and requested credit reports.

Feb 2003 - Criminal arraigend in MI court on multiple charges. Brother in law has never left MD since moving, and

has letters from his employment and pay stubs showing he was working the entire time this criminal was arrested, in jail, and was sentenced.

Apr 2003 - Brother in law receives lettter from Michigan Department of State notifying him that his MI license was suspended due to his felony conviction and would have to pay $125 for it to be re-instated. Contacted MI Sec of State notifying them that he has had a MD license since November 2002. Determined his childhood friend (criminal) went through his wallet while helping him move and copied the information off his drivers license, or made a copy of it and then put it back in his wallet so nothing was missing.

Sep 2003 - Paperwork from MI Supreme Court and Third Judicial Circuit notified via letters they were unable to help and to contact a laywer to expunge record. Sister spent thounds of dollars on a lawyer for them to say they were able to expunge the criminal records.

Feb 2004 - Credit charges cleared

Mar 2009 - Brother in law arrested due to his name showing up as an alias for the criminal.

Any help with what we could do to clear my brother in law's name from this criminal's alias list would be greatly appreciated. also, what do we need to do to ensure this michigan's driver license is not used again? (he's had a MD license since Nov 2002.)

You think that is bad my fiance was ganged raped by local albuquerque police officers. We are having a hard time finding a lawer who is not afraid of going up against the cops, we had an attorney but the police got to him before trial so now we are having a really hard time getting someone who is not afraid of going up against local law inforcement. Now we are just waiting on response after response to no avail so if you know of someone who can practice in new mexoco, albuquerque, then please help we are all victums of police now a days. I just need help to help my fiance because i saw everything they did to him and was yelling out that they can not do what they where doing and was told they are trained to do that to people, weather they are inocent or not no one has the right to stick anything inside of anyone, wheather it be a instrument or fingers, it is not right, and these cops need to be proscecuted for all that they have done or rejected. Amen lord hear my prayers
amen

I suggest you report this incident to the FBI.

The FBI will investigate your allegations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back