Need legal advice regarding a situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rome512

I hope this is the appropriate forum for this type of message. I was recently contacted by a lady I had been in bed with early February of this year. We had sexual relations and she recently(yesterday) sent me a message over yahoo claiming that I made her pregnant and that I will need to pay her child support.

Today I messaged her back reminding her that I did not.. finish.. during our intimate time together. I also said that if she was willing to prove that it was my child I will do the right thing. She instead said not to worry about it; she will get an abortion and send me the bill. She said that was ok in the state of Texas.

I do not know if she can legally do that; and if she can, what can I do to make sure that the child is mine. She's stopped replying to me on the IM and I do not have her phone number to reach her.

My main questions are: Is she able to have an abortion and just list my name as the father without any proof from me? What can I do to make sure that this situation is handled fairly so that she can't just pin this on me without any kind of real evidence?

Your fine. She cannot force you to pay support without paternity test nor can she force you to pay abortion bill. Next watch where you put your willy:dgrin

She can't make you pay to abort a baby that could be anyone's. Even if it was yours, it would be her choice to abort. She can't say you forced her to do it.

But just an FYI...even if you don't "finish"...some of your swimmers could still have escaped. I know someone whose brother was conceived this way. Dad wasn't even "in".

Heck, even getting "fixed" isn't always 100%. I conceived a child 7 years after a tubal cautery but miscarried. The only really reliable method is to not have relations till you're ready to be a parent to a possible child.

I agree with the above posts. You owe this lady nothing until paternity has been established. Keep in mind she may not have gone through with the abortion either so you might have a baby to support after all.

You always need to insist on condom use. You need not finish to get anyone pregnant, trust me. If you have relations without protection you are asking for all sorts of headaches including STD and or pregnancy.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back