To Get Sole Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

gypsygirl0679

I have separated from my child's father. We were together for 4 years and in that time he financially contributed for only ± 2 years ( if that ). He is still not working and not contributing at all to his daughter. I have also used my inheritance to keep us alive ie paying bills, buying food etc when we were together.

He complains that he cannot find work but he doesn't want any job but a job that he is not qualified to do. So now he complains that he has to battle with no money etc. till things go right. In the meantime I have to fit all the bills that were run up by both of us ie credit cards because he doesn't have any money to contribute. All the accounts are in my name as he didn't have any references.

He has paid about R500.00 because he did a odd job doing floors. That was about 3 months ago. Now he might have a job to do that will allow him to pay R600.00 towards her swimming lessons.

His parents are paying his rent and giving him food to eat. They are not assisting me financiallly and now and then buy my child clothes and lots of Christmas gifts.

Now he wants to see her more often. He watches his sport when we are there but complains that he doesn't see her often enough.

What are my rights as the only parent that have been contributing in this old relationship for more than 4 years??? What are my rights into proceeding to get sole custody as he is not assisting in any way with anything at all???

What is the procedures and what must I do and what are my chances in being awared sole custody with him having visitation rights?

I also have to go to him to enable my child and her father to spend time together. He does not come to me.

Please assist.

Thank you
Tanya

what state/country are you in? It does not sound like you are in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back