Ticket errors(DL state wrong, DL class wrong)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abwrestling33

My ticket question involves a speeding ticket I recieved for speeding in a work zone on a local road. The main question is about an error on my ticket. I know based on previous posts here I have read that a ticket error isn't perfect ground for getting a ticket thrown out. However, on my ticket, the officer lists my DL # as K01****** (* used to protect my personal information) which is my correct number(I have a Kansas DL and it is my state of residence). However, this occured in tulsa oklahoma where I attend college and next to listing my DL number on the ticket, he listed my DL state as "OK" which is short for Oklahoma. This is the main error. Another minor error is that the ticket says I have a class "D" lisense class and my DL(from Kansas) clearly says "non-comercial class C". I am guessing he was on autopilot mode and filled out the DL state and class type as if I was a typical OK driver with a OK drivers license, which I am/do not.

I understand that ticket errors are not the strongest defense for fighting a ticket but technically there is no such Oklahoma DL as the one he listed. Do I have a chance here to get this ticket reduced or thrown out?

I just recieved this ticket about 3 hours ago(12am local time), and I was considering going in to talk to someone at the ADA's office in the morning. What level of wiggleroom should I be trying to get? Should I be happy with a slight decrease in fine or should I insist on it getting thrown out?

Also, is there any case law I could bring up that would support my cause and maybe convince them that my ticket isn't worth the trouble?

I don't know if this helps any but here is the background on the ticket. The usual road speed is 45. The construction zone speed is 30. I was clocked on radar going 44. He listed my speed on the ticket as 44 in a 30 but only citied/fined me for the 1-10 over fine, which was $150. He also didn't double the $150 fine, which he says he could have done because it was a "work zone". I am a college student and really don't have much extra cash to pay it but I don't know how much sympathy I would get with the ticket office because my vehicle type is a 2005 luxury/import car(given by my parents for a full ride to school and not an accurate reflection of my personal financial situation)

On an associated matter, the officer said that since it was just written for ten over, it wouldn't be reported to insurance. Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back