Corporate Law Starting a job finding website

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessicaBrown

Hi, i currently own a job finding business based in Toronto, Canada. I have an office and i am legally resgistered as a business in Canada. I am planning on expanding to New York but i would like to start the service as a website only. They would be no office in USA, only a phone number that would redirect to my Toronto office.

Now the problem is that i would charge american clients that need a job and also charge american clients that find an employee through my website.

Legally speaking, do i need to register as an USA business in that case? What are the conditions...

Thanks

You may not need to have a domestic US corporation to do business but frequently most people find that is very helpful. If you're doing business in and targeting New York, there may be other licenses and requirements you may have in the US and in New York state. There are many questions that would need to be answered about the business you intend to do.

Thanks for your answer thelawprofessor. Can you specify a little about the "You may not need to have a domestic US corporation to do business"?:)

Thanks for your answer thelawprofessor. Can you specify a little about the "You may not need to have a domestic US corporation to do business"?:)

Foreign corporations (from another country) are able to conduct business here without having to register for a corporate form here, e.g. a related, wholly owned company.

So what you are saying is that companies like let's say Ericsson (from netherland) would not need any legal registration in USA but would still able to open stores and do business and even not pay taxes to their host country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back