Leaving your parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovly09

My jurisdiction is: Oklahoma

I am 18 and live on my own, i have a boyfriend who is 17. He wants to move out of hes parents house and move in with me. His parents say its against the law but i dont think it is. He has a job and is passing in school isnt in any trouble and can prove this to anyone that ask. Do you think there would be any problem if he moves out or will there be leagal issues that we would have to deal with? Could he get in any trouble or could i if he was to leave his parents house at 17 without there permision and move in with me?:confused: Any advice would be lovly thank you.;)

Until he is 18 he lives where his parents say he lives. He cannot move out of the house without permission until then. Yes, there could be legal issues for both you and he if he does so anyway. You don't want to go there. Trust me.

If you're adult enough to move out on your own, you're old enough to keep it zipped until you're both legal adults.

The age of majority in OK is 18 like in most states. NO states emancipates a minor at 17. He cannot move out until he turns 18. His parents would be crazy to allow him to move in with a girlfriend. When he is 18 he can make that decision on his own.

Yes, I am quite sure of that in Oklahoma and in all other states as well. There is NO state where the age of majority is younger than 18. There are a few states where it is older.

If I were not sure that were the law in Oklahoma, I would not have responded. Sorry, no state reprieve for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back