Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Wrongly accused of shoplifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

majellamcf

I went shopping at a store yesterday and picked up a few items from the cosmetic section. I walked around the shop for a while afterwards as I was passing time until I had to meet my sister. I then decided I wasn't going to buy the items and I placed them on a shelf where there were clothes and walked out of the shop. A security guard rudely stopped me and asked me to come downstairs and repeatedly asked me to admit that I had stolen the items. She then took me downstairs where my bag was checked and they found nothing. I was asked to show where I left the items and they found them there. Then they accused me of trying to hide them in the clothes and detained me in a room by myself for 1 hour and 40 mins until aguard came. The guard took all information and after security left said that more than likely nothing would be done about it but I didn't do anything wrong. Are they allowed to detain a person if they don't find the items on that person? I was extremely humiliated and it's still bothering me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back