sueing re car repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

david_dougan

While driving from Cape Cod to Presque Isle Maine I had a flat tire and noticed a leak of fluid from the differential housing. I had the car towed 106 miles to the dealer I bought the car from. Two new tires were put on the car and I was given a list of repairs that needed to be done; the total was over $2000. At no point did the service rep indicate that there was any urgency to the repair and I told him I would have it repaired at home (approximately 200 miles from the dealership). Fifty miles from the dealership, the differential went on the car and I had to have it towed and additional 110 miles. At no time did the service rep indicate there was an immediate need to have the repair done. If he had done so I would have left the vehicle at the shop as we (my wife and I) had two vehicles. He also knew I had 200 miles to drive. I have contacted the dealership and they refuse to provide any compensation or repair. Do I have a case?

Personally if your car needed that much in repairs you should have known the car was probably not driveable for that long of a distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back