Children's Activities

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandmsmom

My jurisdiction is: Michigan

I have primary physical & legal custody of our 10 & 13 year old. Their father has visitation every other week-end and lives 2 hours away. When their are school or sporting events on his week-end, he refuses to get them to the events. Is there anything I can do?

My jurisdiction is: Michigan

I have primary physical & legal custody of our 10 & 13 year old. Their father has visitation every other week-end and lives 2 hours away. When their are school or sporting events on his week-end, he refuses to get them to the events. Is there anything I can do?

No. You should not be scheduling events on his visitation time.

If he lives 2 hours away it is a little hard for him to make it to events. Who was the one that moved? He is free to do what he wants on his time and living so far away it is not reasonable to expect him to always make events scheduled on his time. Expecting him to drive 2 hours each way for a practice or whatever, is not reasonable.

I have a question. Do children not get to have a 'normal childhood' which includes friends school act sports just because one parent moves to far away. The children are the ones being punished. These things are a part of growing up. Things you reflect back on the rest of your life. I would never make my child miss that important baseball game or basketball game or school function just because it was 'my time' They will hate you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back