Signing over rights in Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiff321

My husband has a child that he does not have any visitation to but he has to pay child support. Is there any way for him to sign over his rights and not have to pay child support?

Several points

. This is not your fight stay out of it
. If he is paying support then there is a vistation order. If Mom is ignoring Dad should file contempt
. If Mom has not remarried or current hubby does not wish to adopt that isnt going to happen
. If TPR is granted it will not remove arrears if any.

Several points

. This is not your fight stay out of it
. If he is paying support then there is a vistation order. If Mom is ignoring Dad should file contempt
. If Mom has not remarried or current hubby does not wish to adopt that isnt going to happen
. If TPR is granted it will not remove arrears if any.

yes this is my fight too...the judge looked at him and told him he had NO visitation since the mother didnt want him to but he still has to pay child support.

Its still not your fight stay out of it it will only harm your husband. I suspect there is more to this than you have told us. Why woud Judge grant no visitation? What havent you told us?

Its still not your fight stay out of it it will only harm your husband. I suspect there is more to this than you have told us. Why woud Judge grant no visitation? What havent you told us?

No its not going to hurt my husband hes the one that wants to sign his rights away its his decision. And yea thats what the judge said because the mother works for the district attorney so anything she wants she gets. My husband is sitting right here beside me if you would like to ask him some questions.

Your not going to listen so lets move on. No TPR will be granted unless Mom has new husband willing to adopt. That if Mom even agrees. Dad might consult an Attorney as the no vistation order is way out of line and based on your post illegal

Your not going to listen so lets move on. No TPR will be granted unless Mom has new husband willing to adopt. That if Mom even agrees. Dad might consult an Attorney as the no vistation order is way out of line and based on your post illegal

what do you mean by illegal?

Your suggesting the no visitation order can from bias and a connection between Mom and DA or Judge. If there is no abuse etc there is no reason for there to be no visitation contact a Lawyer

Your suggesting the no visitation order can from bias and a connection between Mom and DA or Judge. If there is no abuse etc there is no reason for there to be no visitation contact a Lawyer

Oh ok. Alright well we will do that. Thanks!

Nope. If he has no visitation at all (which is rare) then there is probably an underlying reason. Has he asked for supervised? It seems to me dad needs to contact an attorney. A judge should not be allowing no visitation unless the childs safety is in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back