Sold Car Buyer Broke Verbal Contract and Disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquinn1986

Please I need help on this one. In March of last year i sold a vehicle to a friend on installments, I have a written contract for this totalling $4000 of which 1800 i have recieved, however this friend could no longer make the payments and sold the car to a friend of his. I was frustrated and wanted to make the money owed to me so i agreed to the change of ownership. After a few months i recieved no money from either person so i decided it was time to talk to both people to figure out a way to get my money. The friend of my friend told me he didn't want to pay for a car he couldn't drive because i still had the title and he couldn't get plates for the vehicle. So the agreement was I would sign over the car so he could get plates and i would get the title back in my possesion till such time as he could get me the $2200 I was owed. This person has since not paid me fled the state and sold the vehicle again. The person i originaly sold the vehicle has a agreed to testify about the verbal contract we had. Do I even have a legal leg to stand on, please and help is greatly appreciated.

I have little idea what is going on. But once you agree not to tie down your security, it's gone. Whomever buys it has your car, free and clear. Your money... well... you have your remedy against your friend, or perhaps we should say former friend. It will probably be impossible to get your money back although you may want to file a case against him, nail and mail to his last address, and hopefully obtain a default judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back