high school teacher harrassed by parent

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamdan2

I am a high school teacher that is being harassed by a parent. I work in a low-income school district - and many of the kids have behavior problems.

This parent is trying to make me lose my job by accusing me of threatening their child. I repremanded this student for skipping class - and the student repsponded by screaming "F- - k You! Shut the F- - k up!" I began to yell telling this student to go to the office. The parent is saying that I am unfit to work in the school district because I am imtimidating to the students.

Once this is over - can I file harassment against this parent to protect me? I just do not want any more false allegations brought against me.

Thank You

can I file harassment against this parent to protect me? Not in the employment law meaning of the term "harassment." That is only prohibited if you are being harassed because of your gender, religion, age, national origin, race, etc. No laws compel people to be nice to one another.

If the parent is engaging in criminal harassment - threatening you with physical violence, repeatedly calling you at home, stalking you, etc., then that's a matter for the police and the courts (a restraining order.) If the behavior hasn't risen to that level, then you have no legal recourse. You'll have to let the school district handle it as they see fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back