Consumer Fraud Account Services Fraud Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Wechsler

Administrator
Staff member
I have received numerous calls from a company called "Account Services" or "Card Services" which is, in my opinion, clearly engaging in harassment and fraudulent activity calling me endlessly to inform me that they will "lower my credit card interest rates" or "lower my auto insurance rates." They seem to have call centers located in Miami, Florida and Atlanta, Georgia, but apparently have locations all over the country.

From my knowledge, the "Account Services" or "Card Services" is not associated in any way with your credit card company or car insurance company even though their calls are designed to make you think they are associated. If you have received a call from them or have worked with them, please either add to this thread or provide your name and information to our support so we can raise this matter with state attorney generals as well as a potential class action lawsuit - I've been harassed by these calls for numerous months. Here is what happens each time:

(1) Your phone will ring and there might be a delay after you pick up since the calls are obviously placed automatically.

(2) You'll hear a recorded message regarding your credit card (or car insurance). It is important that we reach you. This is the last time we are able to reach you. Please press 1 now to speak to a representative... so I did.

(3) I was told that I was receiving this call because I was a Visa or Mastercard holder." With the he car insurance scam I was told that I was receiving the calls because you own car insurance." One problem guys... I haven't owned a car in many years. Don't lie to me.

(4) They will ask you for your name to ensure they are talking to "the qualified individual in the home." I asked them why they needed my name if they got my account information from Visa and Mastercard. When I was told that they work with those companies, I asked them why they needed my name if they have my information from working with those companies. <click!>

As I'm typing this, I just got ANOTHER call and this time from "James" from 305-474-9429 - and he was practically begging me not to hang up saying "this is not a scam, etc." I think he said he's from "Card Services" and they work with Visa, Mastercard, AMEX and Discover. I asked him if he's calling from my credit card company after he asks me for my name since he's calling me - and after a few seconds... same result - <click!>

There is typically no opportunity to remove your phone number from their calling list. I don't know whether they have numerous cold callers who are looking for customers to poach and will hang up the moment they realize they don't have an easy sale. This company's callers have called me on various numbers, even a number that has not been used on any public document that I can recall and was only listed in a public phone book. I have been harassed endlessly by these people and apparently there is nothing being done about this problem. We'd like to do something.

If you've been harassed by "Account Services" or "Card Services" - add to this post or send us email in our support section. Help us help you in filing a class action against this company if our state attorney generals are going to let them continue to run amok.

"Account Services"

Been getting calls from them just this week (never before). Same procedure... "wanna lower your credit card interest rates? press 1 to..." blah, blah blah...

Today the number was 407 000 7437
Yesterday it was 818 663 9472

Spoke to "Grace" today, asked her about student loan debt, which she said they can do nothing with... Told her I had about $8000 in credit card debt on 4 cards... then told her the accounts were all closed... she didn't wanna talk to me any more...

Yeah, very suspicious... glad things didn't go any further.

Glad to hear that this message helped you with perspective. This scam disappeared for a while and now they are back "complying" with regulations or just getting around them. The people responsible for many of these credit help scams should be jailed for the kind of blatant disregard for the law and respect for other human beings... They are looking for their target market and, from experience, many will lie, cheat and deceive to get you to sign up... and call over, and over, and over... There is no question that the people at the top must know what is going on as they set up "credit services" or "insurance services" corporations to deceive from the outset.

I get this call several times a week. "Hi I'm Erica from card holder services....." &(*&$(#*$^

I live in Oklahoma City, OK and I have also been getting this call. I got it today from 228-209-9560. I asked what their company was called and where they were based and was told they were called "account services" and that they were based out of San Francisco. I informed the caller that I didn't even have a credit card and that I planned to report their organization to the Attorney General and was told, "Go ahead and sue the credit agency, see if I care." At that point I told the gentleman to have a nice day and hung up.

Also wanted to note that I reported them to the FCC but as I have fewer than 10 posts I can't post the link to the FCC's site for reporting robocall abuse.

Last edited:
Ok so I have been getting these same calls for over a year. They call my switchboard at work. I, of course, pressed option 2 to be removed. We all know that doesn't work. I have also pressed 1 to talk to a person and they are very rude. This is illegal so why can't anything be done about it??? They call all day everyday. Here are the #'s that I have gotten calls from so far: 603-214-3628, 816-763-3235, 702-520-1490, 228-209-9560, 402-982-0566, 402-982-0435. I am tired of them. :no:

Thank you for sharing this experience to us. It will help us also what to do when we got a call like that. I agree that there are many scams nowadays. I think they are getting their list of clients in net also like yellowpages.

Received my call today in Florida

Almost an exact word for word description as reported in first post.

Date: 04/07/2010
This one is in Florida, and the number used was 1-702-520-1392.

Call from Account Services for Visa and MasterCard.

I asked the rep, Uh, which Card Account are you calling for?
He replied, for Visa and Mastercard...... I hung up.

Account Services

I have been receiving these annoying phone calls from "member card services"off and on now for three weeks...when I try to talk to one of the call takers to ask for mailing and phone info. they won't give me any information and abruptly hang up. I have received calls from Atlanta and Philidelphia according to what little info I can squeeze out of the call taker. No official address or telephone number is given. Today I received three calls in less than 45 minutes. I have reported this to the "Do Not Call" registry and my Senator.

Account services Scam

I also have received many calls from "Account Services" telling me they want to lower my interest rate on my credit cards--except I don't run a balance and don't pay any interest! But when I try to get information from them (I asked where their company was located), they immediately hang up. And their number didn't show up in my Caller ID--it just said "Unknown Number". So how can I report them and to whom? I'm on the No Call List but obviously they don't care about that.

I've been getting calls from these people as well. They claim to be able to lower my interest rates on credit card debt and are very pushy. When I began to ask questions I was transfered to someone else, who was unable to answer any of my questions, but was more pushy that the first person I spoke with. Finally they became frazzled when I only repeated the questions I wanted answered instead of answering any of their questions; they hung up. They were very professional sounding on the surface, but had no knowledge other than what was obviously scripted responses to common general questions. Beware of this company!

I have been harassed weekly by people from both company names. I am on the national do not call list too. They hang up on me every time I start to question them. I am really getting tired of it. I want them to pay.

Jim in Missouri

Same thing here. The one time I got a person on the line and asked to be removed from their call list, was hung up on. I get 2 or 3 calls a week.

I have been harassed weekly by people from both company names. I am on the national do not call list too. They hang up on me every time I start to question them. I am really getting tired of it. I want them to pay.

Jim in Missouri

I have been getting calls from these people for a year now, and for the last four weeks they have been calling almost every single weekday. At all hours of the day, if I hang up they call back, from various numbers. Every time I request they not call again, they hang up on me. Please PLEASE tell me how to make this stop, this is driving me insane, I can't take it anymore!

I am done playing games. The next time I get a call, when I am home, I am going to press 1 to get them on the line and give them the old "coaches whistle" treatment. Though rude, it is usually effective. They can't get the headsets away from their ears fast enough to avoid the noise. From experience, it only takes once, to get off their list. BTW, don't ever do this unless they have called you.

I have received several calls. Here are the numbers (813)418-5811, (407)702-0538, (502)632-4428, (239)283-8945, (609)318-3363, (520)301-4398, (480)535-5818, (312)765-7460 and (954)949-9299

I just got a call from these people after getting several calls weekly for the last few months. Spoke to "Paul", who claimed to be a supervisor, and that there are "several companies using the same name" for this "government issued stimulus promotion". When I demanded to be removed from his call list, I was told he could not do that. I then asked if he knew the violation fee for calling a number on the National Do Not Call Registry (which my number is on) and he said I had done business with them (I haven't, as I don't have any credit cards!). I asked him which card he was calling in reference to, and he said Mastercard, to which I replied I do not have any cards. I was told that was impossible.

These are the same people who got busted for calling on car warranties, and are trying to lure people into giving up personal information so they can use scam them for money and identity theft, I am convinced.

I got them to stop calling me. I kept them on the line, the way you mentioned, going through the process of establishing and notifying them we had no relationship and they were harassing me. Did not need to whistle them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back