Ask a Legal Question
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Thanks
    I am done playing games. The next time I get a call, when I am home, I am going to press 1 to get them on the line and give them the old "coaches whistle" treatment. Though rude, it is usually effective. They can't get the headsets away from their ears fast enough to avoid the noise. From experience, it only takes once, to get off their list. BTW, don't ever do this unless they have called you.

Thanks
    Has anyone actually gone through with this process and if so what happened?

Thanks
    I have received several calls. Here are the numbers (813)418-5811, (407)702-0538, (502)632-4428, (239)283-8945, (609)318-3363, (520)301-4398, (480)535-5818, (312)765-7460 and (954)949-9299

Thanks
    I just got a call from these people after getting several calls weekly for the last few months. Spoke to "Paul", who claimed to be a supervisor, and that there are "several companies using the same name" for this "government issued stimulus promotion". When I demanded to be removed from his call list, I was told he could not do that. I then asked if he knew the violation fee for calling a number on the National Do Not Call Registry (which my number is on) and he said I had done business with them (I haven't, as I don't have any credit cards!). I asked him which card he was calling in reference to, and he said Mastercard, to which I replied I do not have any cards. I was told that was impossible.

These are the same people who got busted for calling on car warranties, and are trying to lure people into giving up personal information so they can use scam them for money and identity theft, I am convinced.

Thanks
    I got them to stop calling me. I kept them on the line, the way you mentioned, going through the process of establishing and notifying them we had no relationship and they were harassing me. Did not need to whistle them.

Thanks
    Yes they are very rude. Have received many calls and each time I ask them to take me off the call list - they then just hang up on me and call back a week later. grrrr....

Thanks
    It too have been receving these calls daily at all hours and sometimes twice a day! I too am hung up on when I ask to be removed from their call list. How can these people be allowed to continue to harrass people! They have been harrassing me for over 3 months now! How do you make them stop?

Thanks
    971-295-9768 is the number that has called my cell phone 3 times this week. When I ask questions they hang up.

Super Moderator Samaritan & Scholar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,549 Posts
    Just change your number and don't give it to anyone but trusted confidantes.

Sent from my iPhone 4S via AT&T using Tapatalk

Thanks
    I got 2 more calls today from 2 different numbers.

503-457-1085
    216-744-4009

I am so tired of this. How do we stop this?

Thanks
    Recived a call from 513-417-0498 today with the same thing. I have received at least one call a week for the last 5 months. Same story every time. I have no debt and if I ask them to remove... that is about as far as I get before they hang up. If you try to call back the number doesn't exist. I am sick of these people and want some resolution.

12. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Thanks
    I have received these calls for up to 4 times a day, every day for the past year and a half. I have tried everything but changing my number ( I'm not changing my number for these assholes!). The numbers change all the time from several different states. I don't answer my phone anymore when a number comes up just names that are already saved to my phone. The best info I have gotten from any of these scumbags, is that they didn't call me I called them. Apparently by pressing 1, it forwards to a call center, which would explain why you can never call the number back.
    This scam is pissing me off so badly I want to gut them like a fish, and burn their children alive!!!! Please make the calls stop!

Thanks
    Doesn't matter, they just hang up on you.

Thanks
    I actually tried several times to tell them that I do NOT want any more calls. I keep getting harrassed and at one point I had a person swearing at me. It is so horrible that I feel like it is affecting my health every time. Seriously. How do we get rid of these calls? How can they get away with it?

Thanks
    This has been happening for over a year. I now waste their time and pretend to go along. I have fake credit card # to give, with 800 # to customer service. They come back and say that the card doesnt go through, so I change 1 number and they put you back on hold. When they say you gave them a fake number I then ask them to record the conversation at which time I threaten them and ask them to call the police on me, at which time they hang up. Average time of call is about 6 minutes that they dont have time to dupe an old person.
    Also, they are using numbers that can be called back (disposable cell?). Press 5 when the message is telling you that the mail box is full. It will ask if you want to leave the number you are calling from as a call back number, press 2 to change the number. I use the phone number of a denver detective that I googled. Make it unprofitable for them to run the scam!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last