Medical Malpractice false positive drug test in Hospital Lost Buisiness last week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinabene

I take 37mg of Methadone. I take methadone because I needed to stop taking pain meds, and methadone is what was covered under my insurance. As part of this program I am randomly drug tested each month for illicit drugs. All 10 mths of test I have never tested positive. The clinic I go to has stated I am one of there most compliant clients. I own a childcare I am a licensed child care provider with 4 children of my own, last thursday they came and suspended my license one of the accusations stated that "I consumed cocaine, amphetamines, and opiates"
Nov 21, 2008 I was addmitted into the ICU because of toxic shock due to a staph infection.
Nov 23, 2008 A hospital Dr. not my addmitting Dr. ran a drug screen.
It came back positive for the 3 substances listed above.
I have no drug history, never arrested or ever had a D.U.I., I am not prop36.
Record clean as a whistle.
I was very ill when addmitted, and had recent dental work done, was on amoxicillan which can cause a false positive. The opiate was the methadone, and the amphetamine was my vyvanse for ADHD. Both substances are prescribed meds, and i released all information in the E.R. about what meds I take and they administered the methadone and vyvanse in the hospital

Congratulations for surviving toxic shock. I have seen more than a few people not survive the syndrome.

How did the childcare licensing body come to obtain your medical records? In my state, the results of the lab testing would not have been released without your consent.

Also, the labs are not false positives. Methadone is an opiate (as you have stated), and your consumption of this substance is pursuant to a valid prescription. The same is true with Vyvanse and the amphetamine response. The "caine" response was presumed cocaine by the testing lab, but could have been lidocaine, which you probably received as an inpatient, depending upon which test they used. Even cocaine is widely used as an anesthetic in many hospitals.

I would think it would be very easy to get your license back with the reproduction of pharmacy, physician, and hospital records. I see your post was from January. I wonder what happened...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back