Sex offender

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdh123

My soon to be ex is a registered sex offender who is incarcerated as I type this. The question I have is can I get sole Custody of our four small children?? His offence was against an adult but I was just sent a bunch of papers that prove he has sexual child thoughts and actions. In his own hand writing can I use this in court?? Please help I don't want him to hurt my daughters!!!

Last edited:
By "sole" custody I presume you desire your children to have no contact with Dad. I agree with SJ hire a Lawyer. I doubt you will be successful in keeping him from seeing children since his crimes were not against him or even children. Tell your Lawyer what you want but best outcome might be for supervised visits only. Your Lawyer will need to show that unsupervised vists place children at risk. That wont be easy

I guess my question is why would you have kids with a sex offender? Are you serious? Was he convicted after you had the 4 kids with him? Has he been convicted of anything? How long is he in jail for? You might be able to terminate his rights anyways, I would go that route since he is an obious threat.

I have to assume his registerable offense occurred prior to this incarceration as registration is something that happens when one is released, not before.

I agree. If he is in custody, a lot of this should be easy enough to begin with. When he gets out he may well decide he wants to apply for shared custody or visitation of some kind and he'll likely get at least visitation.

- Carl

He offended after our children were all born. He is a tier 2 offender what ever that means he has to register every three months, serious crime. I really don't have the money to hire an attorney, it costs alot to raise 4 kids alone. But thank you for the imput. I guess I will have to take my chances with the judge. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back