Traffic Ticket from 3 years ago in Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudman4x4

My jurisdiction is: Florida

I just received a letter from a collection agency for a traffic ticket I received 3 years ago. When I received the ticket, I opted to take the ticket to court and was told by the clerk of court office when a court date was set I would be notified. At that time I loged into the clerk of court system every so often to see if any changes to my case had been made. They never issued me a court date and now, out of the blue, I received this letter. Is there anything I can do to remedy this? I mean, I opted for a court date for a traffic ticket but never received one; In my opinion its their problem for not giving me one.

Three years ago I did. I called and asked for a date in court and then called again and asked when was my date. That's when they told me they would inform me when the date was set. Sure, I can call again and ask for a new date but after 3 years on a simple traffic ticket?

Now a days there are many agencies which driving record by just paying them some amount. We can get the driving record mailed to your email. So if there is more time for paying the tickets then you can ask for a hearing from the court. If the time is less then it will be a big mess to ask for a hearing. And if you are not able to convince you need to hire a lawyer and the lawyer fees will be more. So its better to pay for the tickets issued if you have less time.
florida-drivingrecord.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back