does any one else want to sue me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

facts

Hello all,I will try to make this short as possible,Back in 12/28/07,I bumped a car in the rearend and i didnot have insur. at that point n time, nether car had a mark on it but, the passenger yealed oh my back,so i payed my fines,payed my dues to the state ,went to driving school ,hired a lawyer because she sued me and my girlfrend because it was her car . she sued for 50.000. for each of us and her husband sued each of us for 25.000.lawyer said file bank R and it would be ok, yesterday we get two letters from their insur. co. saying if they have to pay her then they will sue us to_Oh by the way,her husband was at home when it all happend,is their any loop holes? thanks.

I'm not an attorney yet I'll tell you my thoughts on this. Based solely on the tone of your post you are perceived to be "guilty" already. Why are you looking for "loop holes"? If it is true that neither car had a mark on it, then the question should be how did the passenger sustain damages to the tune of $50,000. I doubt the insurance company would have paid unless the damages were real & verified. The insurance company will come after you for whatever they pay out to their client. Their client, the person you bumped, may legally come after you for whatever expenses she believes she is entitled to that her insurance company does not pay. It will then be up to the court system to determine if her claim is valid. As far as loop holes, I don't foresee any in your future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back