Land Contract Dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.

pebarber68

My name is Phillip Barber and I entered into a land contract with landlord. The problem i am having is that we were advised to hold off on signing because property may still be involved in court proceeding by former land contract owner. When we were notified that this issue was resolved we went to sign again. At this point we were told that the landlord had to look over some revisions, so we waited and are still waiting. he confirmed changes but we have not been contacted to sign revised version. In the meantime he apparently has decided to sell the property to another party and evicting us. We have paid on property for 10 months and every receipt has payment toward land contract on it. we do have a copy of contract with all names on it but its before revisions (unsigned).
We will not only be losing our business, but our residents is an apartment within building(property). Please Help!!

Phillip

You will want to enforce your agreement, but the lack of a signed written contract may be a big problem. Given that the contract was subject to revisions, it may also be questionable that you didn't have an agreement in the first place. You should contact a lawyer.

Last edited:
i was reading your situation, what advise did you find out? im in somewhat similiar situation, except i was first landcontract purchaser, seller didnt disclose structural damage, so i filed small claims within 1 week he resold home to others , currently living in home, judge dismissed my case stating he wouldn voidcontract,bcause i should have had inspection done, to just reclaim home, yet new owner living in home refuse to leave, and im ordered to still pay for home, any advise in ur situation might help me.was ur contract legal, because if mine was first signed, new owners shouldnt be legal,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back