canceling eviction

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayefayeTX

My jurisdiction is: texas

I am a manager at an apt complex in Texas and I have never had a situation such as this one. I had a person move into her apt in July of 2008 and signed a 1 year lease. She has paid her rent late every month except for September and December, and in September she wrote a check that was returned for NSF. And finally paid that in October. I have filed for eviction 2 times and canceled both of those times. I was informed by the owner that we would not be canceling the next eviction. I informed her of this at that time. Unfortunately this month, I had to file eviction on her, she has since come in and dropped almost all of the rent in the night drop box. My question is can I still go through with the eviction proceedings? I will not deposit her rent until after I go to court. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Some states allow a tenant to stay if the rent is paid in full before the court date.

So give us the statute number you are filed the lawsuit under.

I filed the eviction due to non-payment of rent, because at the time she had only paid a portion of her rent and we do not accept partial payments. She still currently owes $81. The owner wants her out because it is like pulling teeth to get her rent. She gets mad if we put notes on her door, and she will tell me she will be here with the rent on a certain day, when that day comes, she says she will be in the next morning, and the next morning, she says she will be in that afternoon, and so on. But as soon as I go file eviction, she is here to pay her rent. Her portion of the rent is $385 and most months she pays over $600 due to late fees and filing fees.

Although the woman sounds like a pain in a low spot, getting $600 for a $385 rental sounds like a great deal!

However, if you and the owner are tired of all of this, continue with the eviction process (bring the money to court). Your tenant has not paid the entire amount of what she owes.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back