New unique invention with ready market seeking manufacturer

Status
Not open for further replies.

logorithm

My jurisdiction is: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi,

I'm an architect working for a developer company. I invented a unique precast concrete vent block that can be arranged into practically unlimited number of patterns.

The block already has a ready market as it will be widely used in my current highrise residential project, which is under construction.

I cannot afford to patent my invention, but I urgently have to meet up with some manufacturers and show them my design in order to find out the cost to get it manufactured.

My question is, how do I protect my invention when meeting up with potential manufacturers? My intention is to get the manufacturer to take care of the patenting if I give them the exclusivity to marketing rights, but I will still own the patent.

Thank you for your advice.

I have no idea what the process is in your country but some patent lawyers will accept a percentage of your income as payment for doing some of the work. I would not want to show my invention to any builder until you've at least filed something - first to file is VERY important. You can worry about the money trying to complete the patent later - do a search in your country for a "provisional patent" or think about doing one in the US if this is of assistance since you may have a large market here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back