DCFS case

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkb90

Okay this is my question. We have a DCFS case and we were wondering if we can move out of state without the DCFS being able to do something to us. Our child is not ward of the state. He is only under the Divisions protective supervision. We have been told we can just move out of state and they would have to drop the case. We have also been told that if we try and leave they can file kidnapping charges against us and take our child. Both of these things we were told by DCFS workers.Which is true?

Why would you move out of state? Are you trying to hide from DCFS? If you have an active case then I would not move. You need to wait until your case is closed.

Okay first of all I was wanting advice from a lawyer. Second of all No we are not hiding from DCFS. In the town we live in they are extremly corupt. There are people in this town who have had DCFS cases for over 5 years. We live in a very small town. everybody knows everything about everyone so I know most of the people with DCFS cases still open do not deserve to still have a case open against them. If they do not like you personaly they keep your case open untill they find a reason to take your child. The reason I asked my first question is because we are a interraccial couple and that does not go over well in this town. We have complied completely with DCFS and still they keep finding new stuff to make us do to keep the case open. We have completed DV classes, parenting cases, marriage counseling, we drug test on a daily basis(even though there was no drugs or alcohol invovled with the reason we got the case). I see no end to this case. There is no longer any legal reason for the case to be open but they keep finding ways to keep it open.

I would seek the advice of a lawyer but first ask for a copy of your file if you are able to obtain anything. Just say you would like a copy of things for your records. You SHOULD be able to get a copy of the report, open or not. Not sure, but you can try.

I have never heard of a state keeping a DCFS case open for so long. If you do not get any help from any supervisor at DCFS, then contact your local State Attorneys Office perhaps and see what they advise with their own Attorneys there.

Good luck! But do seek the advice of an attorney...or free legal clinic....some do offer a free consultation for 30min to an hour.

NO...Im not an attorney....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back