Corporate Law sick days

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodhawke83

My jurisdiction is: CA

Hello, I hope you can help me on this. :angel At work they just changed vacation (PTO) and sick days (hours).

Old policy we would get PTO and sicks beginning of the year. We had to use all the sick days or lose it. I would get 80 hours PTO and 40 hours of sick. They changed the policy to where we earn PTO per month, 6.67 hours per month for me and I would get 40 sick hours on my anniversary of my hire date. :confused:

I was hired in July so now I have no sick days for 7 months. It gets even worse for people with kids, some people were hired in December and they have to wait 11 months to have sick days.

They only gave us two month notice of this change. This is hurting me and everyone else that works for them. There is no union so we are not protected by anyone. I don't trust the HR there because they were giving BS to my mom when she had to take lots of sick days off because of my brother's kidneys. :mad:

I also hate them a lot cause I have got a raise in 2 years even though I get the best review on my team.

Thank you, :angel
bloodhawke83

It's not completely clear what your question is, but they are not required by law to provide ANY paid sick days (limited exceptions for exempt employees).

Nor does any law prohibit their changing their policies. Nothing you have posted suggests any legal recourse unless a LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT specifically guarantees that the policy on sick days will never change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back