Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Innocent but charged and in prison witch sex offense, needs to be free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSines

My fiance was charged with aggravated sexual assault to a child by his ex-wife. He did not commit the crime but is in prison for it. When the charges were put on him, he ended up pleading guilty and taking probation because we did not have enough money to fight the case in court, his lawyers advised him that it would be the best thing to do because it was the easiest way out. What a lie, but whatever. Well, he did good on probation for the first year and then missed a probation appt and had one less hour of community service than he was supposed to up to that point. He also had failed all 3 of the lie detector tests he had taken, which were all administered by the same person and place. The judge was angry and sentenced him to 10 years with possible parole in 5 years. When he first went to prison, his father and I hired a different lawyer to help us out but he gave up on the case after a month or so, we hired another lawyer who gave up the first week. My fiance has now been in prison since March 22, 2007, almost 2 years. Is there any hope, or any way to set him free. An innocent person does not deserve to be in prison, especially when he has children and a family out here who love him and need him. What do I do?

There is nothing indicating he is innocent. He chose to take the plea deal and he took it. He did not follow his probation. If the lawyer gave up then it seems like you do not have much of a case. How old is the child and was it his biological child?

Yes, it was his biological child. She was 5 or so at the time of the charge. If I could get his ex-wife to admit that she lied on the charges against him then would that do anything? Would the case be able to go back to court? What would happen? Would that be my wisest decision?

He pleaded guilty, screwed up his probation appointments and didn't do his community service? Honey, he's in jail for the duration.

If he didn't do it, he shouldn't have said he did.

aggravated sexual assault to a child
he ended up pleading guilty and taking probation
his lawyers advised him that it would be the best thing to do
then missed a probation appt and had one less hour of community service than he was supposed to up to that point.
He also had failed all 3 of the lie detector tests he had taken,
hired a different lawyer to help us out but he gave up on the case after a month or so,
we hired another lawyer who gave up the first week.

There's a pattern here.

Okay, whatever. If I could get his ex-wife to admit that she lied about the charges, what would that do? Where should we go after that?

DNA test

Did your fiance have any DNA tests done? Many innocent people have been freed from prison by having their DNA checked.

If your finace was denied DNA testing or never advised to do so, PLEASE contact the Innocent Project. There may be a chapter in your state.

I don't think I can post a link yet. I received an error message when I submitted my reply. Google "The Innocent Project - Home Page".

More information

Ksines,

"The Innocent Project" has tons of information on issues like false confessions, coerced confessions. Definitely contact The Innocent Project; also. Google False Confessions, Coerced Confessions, False Convictions and "FALSE ALLEGATIONS". There are several attorneys who defend the innocent and have written some brilliant articles. Google Paul Stuckle...oh shoot my mind just went blank...information over-load! Sorry!

I have to take a break from the PC for a couple of hours. I thought of a few more things and wanted to posted this ASAP. I will get the rest of the information I have when I am not so rushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back