Naturalization, Citizenship Company-based immigration vs. family-based immigration

Status
Not open for further replies.

vweyl

My jurisdiction is: France

I am French and my wife is a US citizen. We've been married since 2004 and have lived in France since then.
We were thinking of moving to the US in 2009 (for private reasons) and have started collecting required pieces to file a petition.

Now my company has just recently offered me a position in the US (CA). I already made a similar move with the same company under a L1B visa, so I assume it'd be the same again. Expected starting date in the US would be May 1st.

So my questions:
- which path is the most relevant in my case? Family-based or employment-based? I understand family-based visa have a pretty indefintie timeframe.

- can I go ahead and enter the family-based process (as an immediate relative), knowing it could take in excess of 6 months to complete, and then either:
(i) start working on May 1st in the US (but I assume then that I cannot formally be employed by the US subsidiary, so the actual assignment starting date should be postponed) ?
(ii) re-apply, if things are taking too long for a company-sponsored L1B-visa even though there is already a pending petition ?

Thank you for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back