sent to collections, but never recieved a bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

antwat07

back in september of 2008, i rented a inflatable bounce house. My father put the 125.00 dollar bill on his credit card and signed the purchase agreement when they came to the house and setup the bounce house. Two days later they came and picked up the bounce house. My father got into an agruement with the man when he was being really rude with me and my sister about silly string getting on and inside the bounce house. we were never giving any rules of the bounce house nor is there any posted on there website. i have pics of the dried up silly string and previous patched up holes that were there before we rented that bounce house. The man we rented it from said there might be a clean up fee for the silly string or we might have to replace the entire bounce house if the silly string ruins it. He never got back with us on the possible clean up fees, but we received a $1000 collection notice for the clean up fee three months later. just wondering what i should do. thank you

You may want to dispute it in writing with certified mail method of delivery. State your defense and why money is not owed, especially with regard to all the patches, etc. and that this collections letter is a sham. If they take you to small claims court, that's where you can show your diligence. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back