H had affair, OW says she's pregnant....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeswife

What a mess! My husband had an affair (one time fling) with a co-worker who is claiming she is pregnant with his child. She also had claimed to be a lesbian... He didn't use a condom, so there is a slight possibility. She has called our house repeatedly after I have told her that we are staying together and we will handle his responsibility to this child together. She has given him love notes recently at work " I can't work here anymore because I miss you too much, and I realize you're with your wife" and "I had everything planned in my head how this would go, but since you're with your wife it isn't going to go that way" and so on. He has handed over these notes to me.

I have documented every phone call, every conversation from her. She called from the bar drunk when she's with child... and is trying to cause problems, like " Tell Mike thanks for sitting in my room with me last night" when I have already accounted for his whereabouts fully. She has not given us any medical documentation supporting her pregnancy. She showed him 2 home tests that she brought from home, which someone else could have taken. Did I mention she's a convicted felon on Parole??? Yes, when my husband makes a mistake, its a BIG one. He has expressed that if she is pregnant, which is a BIG if... he would like for us to seek sole custody... he doesn't want his child growing up with a mother like that.... I would rather raise this child with him in a healthy loving environment then a constant battle ground because she's upset he didn't leave me for her. What do you think are the chances that we could win? We are both educated, own a home and car, have good careers, and haven't been in trouble with the law. She is on parole and will be still when the baby is born, lives at home with parents, has a low paying job, no car, and is a party girl. Any advice would be wonderful. Anything I should do to prepare? Thanks!!

I feel you!

I can completely say I know how you feel. The bad news is you have a tough road ahead.It is really hard to deem a mother unfit. You have to have lots of strong evidence against her and even then they will more than likely give her a slap on the wrist and ya'll could possible get temp. custody until she is rehabillitated. I know it is crap, but you need to get a cut throat lawyer now. We didn't and now the little girl is 3 and we are fixing to have to pay to go to court because we are paying child support and she lets us see her once every 3 months at the most.I'm glad I am not alone. Good luck!

Glad I'm not alone

Well fast forward a little while.... OW is supposedly due april 25th, which puts conception around aug. 3rd which is what she told me the day after I found out. My H says it was more like the 2nd or 3rd wk in July. However, her sonogram taken Oct 6th shows a baby that is at least 14-15weeks old, hands waving, bones showing, etc. By her due date she gave, she's trying to pass off that baby as 11 weeks, when the baby should look like a peanut. She is nearing 28 weeks, and my H saw her the other day ( she came to eat at his restaurant, but didn't speak to him) and she doesn't even look any bigger at all, and several of the coworkers mentioned it to him also. One even told her she didn't look pregnant..."well I am"... was her response. These next 3 mos. are gonna be rough for us, until we find out what the deal is. We sent a no contact letter on the advice of our attorney friend, so basically if she contacts us at home or work by phone or in person we can file harassment charges and get a restraining order until such time as a child is born and DNA confirms paternity. Things are going ok with us, I can tell that he's trying to fix the damage he did. So we shall see.... thanks for responding.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back