Quiet title action

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFK1

In regards to a civil action to quiet title filed in county court of common pleas: I am undertaking this action myself. I have filed the action in the prothonotary's/clerk of court's office wherein a docket number was assigned. All supporting exhibits were included in the file. The action was published in the local paper, as required, and a copy of this filed also. Every attempt was made (and documented) to contact interested parties. Generally, in PA (at least here locally), such publications state (and I paraphrase) that assuming no contesting parties come forth, a preliminary decision may be issued 20 days following publication, the decision becoming final 30 days after that point. (Total = 50 days, in other words.) This time (plus some) has passed and no one has come forth to defend. My question is: Now what? :confused: I called the prothonotary's office today to inquire as to whether an order or decision was issued/filed but the staff informed me that there was nothing added to the file. Can someone please advise as to the proper procedure or next step to take as per PA procedural rules? At the time of filing, I had to deliver a docket slip (as best I recall it) to the presiding judge's office (via secretary). Should I contact her rather than the prothonotary? I know it's probably naive, but I initially assumed that following the appropriate period, the filed case would come before the presiding judge and an order would be issued and thence placed on file. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back