Auto Damage from Parking lot landscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sollow

My jurisdiction is: Indiana, Marion County

My wife was entrying her place of employment in a poorly lite parking lot early morning. She was looking for a vacant space and turn sharply and cut the corner of the parking island. A small blouder was placed at both ends of the island at the back of the mountable roll curb. The boulder damaged the driver side to the tune of $2700
I spoke to the facilities manager of the company about the reason why they had placed those boulders on the corner, he said to prevent cars from cutting the corner, and that numerous employees had hit them. I was the first to complain on my wifes behalf.
I'm a civil engineer and there are different types of curbing you use for parking lot designs. The roll curb is used as a mountable where a vehicle can drive over. A chair back curb is used to prevent cutting corners, but when you have a limited turning radii you use a roll curb so not to cause damage. I took pictures and they have boulders every where and I can not imagine the amount of damage they have caused.
I believe they our liable, can you help me?
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back