school district residency issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

kram_man

my 3 children go to west seneca new york schools. before i was able to enroll them there, i had to get all kinds of proof with regards to me staying at my fathers house. which is within the school district but, because my husband lives outside the district and the children go there daily because of my work hours they say that is where my children should attend school. i have explained myself to the schools before they where enrolled and they told me what i had to get to prove that i was staying at my fathers. i did that and they still are questioning my children and now want me to take them out of the school district and send them to new schools by jan 5th. is there any legal thing i can do to stop them from making me take my kids out of the school district even though i stay within the district. please help asap thanks

This is what I might do although I can't tell you this is the best way to go. This isn't my area of expertise. The first thing you might want to do is send written correspondence confirming all the facts to those who are making the decision. Confirm that you have complied with and provided all necessary documentation to keep your children in the school. At this point you have been provided with no legal reason why your children are to be removed and that, if necessary, you will challenge them legally. Nobody wants trouble and make these people spell out the exact reasons for their denial. Then cross that bridge if you need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back