laws in california for unwed parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alize035700

what are a fathers rights in califoria as far as custody he hasnt been any part of my sons life for the last seven years and there has been no court ordered custody or visitation i know in some states the mother has sole custody until otherwise ordered by court is that true in the state of california and if so can you tell me the law code for this?

yes he was there for the birth but since then hasnt been there he didnt want the baby in the first place i testified against him in court because he kicked me in the stomach when i was five months pregnant cause he didnt want the baby and i let him back in my life giving him the chance to be a father so he was there for the birth but hasnt done anything since and i havent taken him to court because he would fight for my son just out of spite because i finally stood up to him and put him in jail i just wanna know my rights since there is no court order of visitation or custody thank you very much for your help!!!

If dad wants visits, he has the right to take you to court and ask for them. The child is NOT better off with no dad in their life in most cases. If it has been a while since he has seen the child you can certainly ask for supervised visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back