Divorce and Debt Advice -- NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

classicstyle727

I am college student who needs divorce and debt advice. Within the past several months I discovered my father having multiple affairs with women from a foreign country. Sexual and physical contact was made. My mother made copies of the obtainable evidences she found around the house. Due to this discovery, my mother confronted my father. In numerous occasions, my father threatened my mother with two choices: (1) let him suicide or (2) pretend his affairs were nothing serious and let it go. Of course my mother chose the second choice for the safety of his well-being. However, there was more to it than just having affairs. The family's finances were also used to his advantage. My mother and father have a joint bank account which is shared between them. My father has been currently lay-off for almost a year now, therefore making my mother the primary source of income for the household. Some of the evidence my mother obtained includes large amounts of loans taken out from numerous financial institutions and large sum of credit card debts, which she knew nothing about until this discovery. Most of the money he has taken out from loans and credit cards were sent to the women he has been having affairs with in the other country. As of today, he is still sending money to the women through Western Union.

Is there a way for my mother to avoid my father's debts, even if some of the loans he took out were under my mother's name as well (joint accounts, credit cards and loans)? If my mother were to divorce my father what steps must be taken to ensure that my father does not receive a penny from my mother? By the way, this would take place in the state of New Jersey.

We help consumers who have more than $5k in unsecured debt. We guarantee settlements at 55% of your current balance or better. Call or email me for more details.

I amalso new here.My name is Erwin Smith.I like to search new website which are giving me more information for my knowledge and it is useful for my search.

We offer debt advice for people living in different parts of the country. This is because the law concerning debt varies depending on whether you live in England and Wales or Scotland. You can be confident that the advice we offer is targeted to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back