Criminal Law immigration

Status
Not open for further replies.

warriorpoet

I know someone who married a illegal alien to aquire a green card and was paid for it. I found out he is from the middle east. Lebannon to be exact. Is there a time frame that they can be prosecuted is there a statute of limitations.?

I know someone who married a illegal alien to aquire a green card and was paid for it. I found out he is from the middle east. Lebannon to be exact. Is there a time frame that they can be prosecuted is there a statute of limitations.?

When an immigrant marries for a green card, they are subject to losing that status if it was done strictly for rmoney. Any serious violation of US law can get them removed from the country. If they divorce, they can lose their green card. Do a google search for ICE (Immigration) for an office near you.

In order for an immigrant to become a citizen, the husband and wife must BOTH apply after two years of marriage. If there is any question about the legitimacy of the marriage or that there was money paid for the marriage, ICE should be contacted. You have to have pretty good evidence that this is the case, or they will not be interested. There isn't any particular period of time when this expires, it is a matter of convincing I.C.E. (Immigration) that it was done for money only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back