Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication I want to know if I can be changed with the crime too

Status
Not open for further replies.

allycat0114

I have a question the father of my child , our son, and myself were at the mother of his daughter visiting her when her mother called the cops on him for some old warrants, they searched my vechile and apparrently found some needles which they sent to the state crime lab and they apparrently tested positive for herion which he is now being charged with he told the cops that night they were his (and is currently awaiting trail ) My question is "I don't know if he was merandized before the ommision or after because in the couny he was arrested in they could find the warrant so they had to transport him to the county that had a good warrant on him so if the state of ohio wanted to change me with the crime could they ? because it was my vechile and I don't think he was techincally under arrest at the time of the statement . I'd really appericate the advice and help on this matter

Miranda is generally only required when a person is both under arrest and then interrogated. Statements made in violation of Miranda can be suppressed, but a failure to read someone their Miranda rights is irrelevant to 90% of all arrests as most do not require an interview after the handcuffs are slapped on.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back