Took pictures Of Me Without Permnission

Status
Not open for further replies.

BetrayedX

Hello,
I have been stalked on a web bulliten board from 2004 to 2008.
I knew I was being stalked. I have printed out proof . In 2008 pictures of me are now appearing on this same web bd.
These pictures I never posed for and are in situations where I deserved my privacy. They are from three different years . I have made two police reports but I am told this is a cival matter.
My next step is to try to get a discovery process of who owns the bulliten board. I am sure this person knows me and then I can go from there, but I dont know how to do this.
And I dont know if I can be sued back.
Three of the pictures are from a supposed friends house. He is a photograher and he asked me to pose for him a few times to help him prepare clients who were coming over to have their pictures taken.
There were not supposed to be cameras on me. I told him I didnt want any pictures taken of me. He knew that. And I did not see the any cameras but there had to be a hidden camera. These pictures he cut my head off but they are appearing on the bulliten bd with the other pictures of me where you can clearly see my face. I know the pictures with my head cut out are me, you can see they are me too even with my head cut out.
This photograher should not get away with this. He took pictures of me without my consent when I deserved my privacy and now is placing them on the web where I can see them. I do not know if he owns the bulliten board and if he is behind the stalking but an old picture of him is on this bulliten board. He once told me I would never recognize him from years ago because his hair was long. Well I do recognize him , it is him , along with all the posts of things we spoke about and even something secret I told him and him only one day. I just dont know if he could have possibly got the other photos, or if someone else is also behind this.
I do not want the staute of limitations to pass by to take this photograher to cival court. I live in NYC and this man is from Jersey City.
I discovered the picture 10 months ago.
I tried to hire lawyers but could not afford the ones who are willing to help me.
I tried making police reports to no avail, and contacting the bar associaton and volunteer lawyers buit noone will help me. None deal with this situation.
Any laywers who will help me are far beyond my means so I am having to do this by mself.
I have went to Supreme Civil court in New York got the needed papers but I am afraid he will sue me back, he is a fairly well known photograher.
The owner of that bulliten board and this photgraher and anyone else involved should not get away with this.
I NEVER put a pic of myself on the web, or sent one thru e mail. I havent given a pic of myself to man in quite sometime.
This photographer constinently asked me to pose for him in fornt of a camera and I refused because I would like to be serious with someone before they have pictures of me.
Please someone help me, time is running out and I cant delay anymore.
Actually I havent delayed, these past 10 months I have found out many things about the law involving this and I spent almost all my spare time seeking help. It has taken a toll on me because I am in college and to study and do projects and work full time and try to handle this has been too overcoming.
I am hoping someone could please e mail me so I can speak with a knowledgable lawyer, I need to bring this person to court and I never went to court before. Please can I call someone who can just direct me before I go to court and be hurt for not doing things right.
I greatly appreciate anyone who can dedicate some of their time ,I can pay, but I know it will be peanuts to what your valuable time is worth but please someone help me. Thank you and Happy Holidays.
There are two things I need to do,
one is sue the photgraher, he should be known for what he did.
I am looking for him to admit to what he done and give me the copies of any negatives more than I am looking for money.
I doubt a judge would grant me much financial retribution even though I deserve it. And two
sue the bulliten board owner for the harrssment for the past three years and for stalking me and getting pictures of me that I never posed for and in all situations where I deserved my privacy.
How can people just get away with this, I have contacted every computer
crime agency, every law agency one can think of, every womens group and made two police reports, one when I first discovered this and just recently and noone is helping me?
If there is a lawyer out there that can help me discover who owns this bulliten board and help me process the papers to discover who this person is I am sure I will be able to prove this person stalked me because I know whoever this person is I know him.
If you are willing to take payments I would pay you everything you deserve.
I work but dont make a great deal and recenly returned to college so hopefully I could earn more in the near future, but going to school has taken more of a toll on my income. I would be forver indebted. And I could pay you something for now, and keep paying you and I would keep doing so till you are fully paid.
Thank you.

I am not a lawyer but I work in the film biz. I know that copyrights are generally owned by the photographer unless there is a written contract that says otherwise or a contract that describes it as a "work for hire". Also if you have evidence that you PAID them that could be used as evidence that it was a "work for hire".
If you were out in public the photographer could probably do whatever he wants to do with the photos. In the privacy of a home? You would need to ask a lawyer about that. I believe it varies from state to state.
I think in all states it comes down to what the expectation of privacy is.
The other thing is there has to be "damage" to sue for. If nobody knows whose face it is then how can there be damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back