attorney fees for family law

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitbabe

Just recently received notice of a hearing scheduled from a previous attorney of mine requesting payment. I had paid the attorney up until April 2008, but due to my move I had stopped payment. I just sent the attorney a letter and payment requesting that I be placed on a payment schedule and also phone call to ask that this case be dismissed if I continue to make payments to the attorney. Balance owed to the atty. is $1300.00. Could this case be dismissed if I continue to make payments? Should I contact the courts myself directly to let them know what I have done already?

Did you receive a response to your letter? Did you send a payment with the letter? If so, was your check cashed? The attorney would likely continue to work with you if they feel you haven't abandoned your debt, but it's up to them to take it out of court at this point. It sounds like there's plenty of evidence, including your recent letter, that you owe the debt. In which manner are you contemplating contacting the court?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back