Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders 19 year old Son in trouble for kissing a minor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havaheart

I don't know anything about the law but I know enough to know that my 19 year old son is in trouble. We are in Alabama. My Son has never been in trouble with the police before. He has been accused of kissing a 13 year old girl. There is supposedly another child as a witness. There have been no charges pressed yet but our local police says it doesn't look good because of things in the past my son has done and because of a witness. The police seems to have a vengence to find out all he can as he has even went to old friends and our old pastor trying to dig up information on my Son.
My son says he did not kiss the girl. My son has a legal age girlfriend who he is crazy about. The local police have been questioning everyone and while questioning it came up that there was a gay incident that happened back in 2006 with my son at a school he attended. Right after the incident my son had a mental breakdown and was in a adolescent mental behavior center and has undergone counseling. He has not been on medication in a year. When he was evaluated it was determined that he makes bad decisions and doesn't realize consequences of his actions.
I'm standing behind my Son's innocence but am also trying to prepare just in case. And as I stated earlier no charges have been pressed yet. I'm wondering what charges can be pressed for supposedly french kissing a minor. No touching or fondling or sex, just kissing. IF he did it it was wrong but I just don't see ruining him for the rest of his life because of a kiss. He has done so much better since he got his GED and he finally has a job he loves. He is just starting to get on his feet and now this. He could be labeled sexual offender for this and i'm scared to death for him.
I hate to pull this cat out of the bag but could the fact that he has had problems with making good decisions and not realizing the consequences of his actions help in any way? Or could it hurt him? Please help me

As a parent of an 18 year old I would have cause for concern if he was kissing a 13 year old! Ok that being said kissing itself is not a crime. Has he kissed her before has he touched her or even sent intimate messages of a sexual nature? All those fall into illegal groups. I understand you want to believe his innocence and that might be true. However he is a man and young one at that. Temptation often times gets the best of young men. Long as no charges are filed he is fine. The parent sof 13 year old could request a protective order and likely get it. You need to pretty much play the waiting game until charges are filed if they are. In meantime talk to your child about poor decisions and good ones. This does not suggest guilt ony caution. a conviction of a sex offense will ruin his life no doubt.:yes:

Your son needs an attorney. Based on the info you provided they have evidence he did something inappropriate. A 19 yr old kissing a 13 yr old is a crime, generally some sort of misconduct or attempted sexual misconduct. If he has to register as a sex offender he will be screwed.

There have been two warrants issued for my son. Both are sexual abuse 2nd degree charges. We will meet the police there at the station tomorrow morning with my son and he will go before the judge and we will go from there. They said the courts will appoint an attorney. How well will a court appointed attorney defend him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back