The cost of law school

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndragon

I noticed there are no posts in this forum and hope someone will at least see this one.
I am very interested in going to law school. As an undergrad I had several professors who strongly suggested I go on to law school. Although, in researching potential schools I find the price of tuition hard to swallow. I know there are many people with law degrees, which tells me there is hope.
So, I have a couple of questions:
1) Where did you go to law school?
2) How did you pay for it?
3) How long did it take to graduate (just grad school)?
I hope this post is seen by many so I can get a few good ideas.

Thanks,
Nick

1) University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
2) Family, Scholarship and Student Loans
3) 3 years, however, some schools have a night program that will allow you to work during the day and you can finish in 4 years instead of 3.

1) University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
2) Scholarships, RRSPs, ramen, and family.
3) 3 years.

Good luck to you.

Oh yeah, I forgot about all the Top Ramen. My favorite trick was opening the bag and breaking the uncooked noodles up, pouring the seasoning over it and eating it on the way to class...lol. I still can't look at Top Ramen the same to this day.

What is "RRSPs"?
As far as the Ramen goes, sounds like I will be back to the same diet I was on as an undergrad.

Thanks,
Nick

Really Rich and Sexy Patronesses.

Or Registered Retirement Savings Plans. Not nearly as much fun, but more accurate.

Drake University, received an Army scholarship, Drake stipend, and Army pay as a Captain.
In return, I had to serve 3 years active duty as a JAG lawyer.
I eventually served 28 years, subsequently retiring as a Colonel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, I forgot about all the Top Ramen. My favorite trick was opening the bag and breaking the uncooked noodles up, pouring the seasoning over it and eating it on the way to class...lol. I still can't look at Top Ramen the same to this day.
Well look at the bright side if you went to medical school the top ramen would have went into your residency, and if you became a surgeon all the way until retirement.

1) University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
2) Family, Scholarship and Student Loans
3) 3 years, however, some schools have a night program that will allow you to work during the day and you can finish in 4 years instead of 3.

I apologize in advance as I realize this thread is old but I plan on applying to McGeorge in the fall of this year. Would you mind speaking generally about your McGeorge experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back