2nd eviction judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

hewilson425

recently, during the aftermath of hurricane ike, my fiance and myself decided to move out of the house we were renting from her aunt because of lack of services and conflict with neighbors. we informed her that we were leaving. She filed an eviction anyway for spite. now, word is, she is trying to get my personal information so she can file on me again, for a higher amount. is this legal?

Very often a landlord will actually need to file twice.

The first time is to be granted the actual judgement for eviction.

The second time is to file a lawsuit for owed rent and (in some cases) damages above normal wear and tear.

Personal information needed may include your current address (so you can be formally served) or it may include a list of your assets for garnishment.

Gail

I am not a attorney.. Please note

If You have not paid her what was owed, and left her in back rent, and no one to take over and leaving it vacant, yes, she can file against you, especially if you went into a agreemnet (contract) with her. She can have a collection agency put a lein on your property or garnish your wages if necessary.

she was already granted a judgement for past rent and utilities but word is she is going for some maximum amount of $1200.00

she was already granted a judgement for past rent and utilities but word is she is going for some maximum amount of $1200.00. This doesn't fall into like a "double jeopardy" statute?

So your basing your question on rumors? If you have not paid her still and could be seeking that judgement and legal fees to make the cost your referencing. Bottomline is you need to pay he and she is using legal means to recoup those monies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back