lawsuit by third party debt collector

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonfish

I am being sued by First Resolution Investment Corp. for a credit card debt they say was assigned to them by Citibank. I have asked them for verification of the debt and received a account number and an affadavit from their legal advisor saying they have numerous files about this debt, yet they refuse to provide me with copies of the files.

The complaint consists of three counts. Count one says I am in breach of contract. Count two says there is an implied contract so they do not need to provide a copy of the account agreement. Count three says account stated. It says since I probably possess an old statement from this account, they do not need to provide one as proof of the debt.

It seems like they are arguing their case instead of filing a simple summons and complaint. I plan to answer since I have read First Resolution is noted for shady dealings and often do not have the paperwork to back up their allegations.

How should I answer the three counts in my formal answer? Also, each count has several statements underneath it. DO I have to answer each one, or just each count in general? Any advice would be sincerely appreciated. I honestley feel I am being taken advantage of by these people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back