Health Insurance deducted after termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

trucker155

I was terminated from my employment on Nov04 and received my final paycheck on Nov 13. In my deductions, the employer deducted a health insurance payment on Nov 8. The health insurance payment total was for not only my share of the premium but also the employers share. I did not give the employer authorization to continue health insurance. What can I do about this?

What was the last day of insurance coverage? Does each payment go forwards (a deduction taken on November 8 covers the 8th through the 15th) or backwards (a deduction taken on November 8 covers the 1st through the 8th)?

The point is that they deducted my premium and the premium the company was suppose to pay as part of my employment contract.

No, the point is how the plan was written. I very much doubt that you had a contract guaranteeing that they would continue to pay for your health insurance after you no longer worked for them.

Any recourse you have is going to depend on the answers to the questions I asked. You can answer my questions so that I can tell you what, if any, recourse you have, or you can ignore my questions and I will not need to worry about supplying you with any answers.

Your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back