summary judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

littledoiknow

My jurisdiction is: Texas, U.S.

A summary judgement was awarded my husband's three sons by a probate court judge. They have taken posession of the corporation we used to own as a result of non-payment. My husband and I are letting them take it. We desire to work out agreement , but they desire $10,000 additional which we do not have to give them. Can they seize our assets? Can they guaranshee my husband's potential future income? Can they put us in jail for not agreeing with this added money? The judgement was awarded for 1.9 million dollars. The business is worth maybe $600,000 at best. I would very much appreciate some guidance on this.

I am a hospice chaplain and do not know anyone who can help me, we do not have the money for an attorney and my husband is now unemployed....Please help

Sincerely and gratefully,
LA

The time to get help was prior to the summary judgment. Your best option is probably to file BK.

Thanks for agreeing with a friend who is an attorney....He told me the same thing. To hire a bankruptcy attorney to look over the final paperwork on the summary judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back