DHL Express shipping insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidb662

I shipped a new lcd tv via DHL Express.I insured the shipment for $800.00.The tv was sold on ebay for $500.00 plus $50.00 for shipping.The TV was stolen from DHL's shipping dock in memphis tn.DHL told me this after numerous attempts to track this shipment I called them and was informed of the theft and that the police were involved.About a week later they contacted me to inform me it had be recovered.I was ask if I wanted to get the tv back or continue with my claim.I went with the claim since the original box and paperwork were not there.I submitted a claim for replacement cost of the tv plus shipping costs.Should I obtain a attorney and pursue this claim or settle for the amount they want to pay which is $542.00.Of course I think I should receive the $800.00 that it was insured for please advise.David Braddock

You only retain an attorney it's going to be worth your while. Even if they wind up getting you $800, I suspect a couple hours work plus disbursements will put you right back down to $542 net or less.

What does it cost to replace the TV? You should receive that. I understand you can buy one off eBay for $550, including shipping. DHL's offer comes pretty close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back