how do i file harassment charges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiaW

I have an sister-n-law mad at my husband over some money he owes her. She has attacked me over and over on the internet to get at him. She made a fake Facebook page in my name with alot of profane sexual information, and all of my actual info, phone, cell numbers, address, etc. Asking men to come to my home while my husband was at work. Directing them to my myspace page to see picts of me and my 7 year old daughter. (i closed the myspace) She joined 90 groups on facebook adding all of my numbers asking men to call or come to me. Over and over i sent messages to facebook and the page was deleted. But i printed what it had.
She has sent MANY emails to me. Every time I block them she makes a new one. She sent messages to my Myspace till i blocked messages. She has sent death threats via email. We had many threats on the answering machine but the hurricane lightening burnt the machine up.
We started sending her some money and she sent an email saying she wanted all of it or she would use what we sent to come kill out daughter's pony. All of these emails she is sending she carbon copies to all family and friends. She has made multiple email accounts in my name and opening accounts in pogo and craigslist etc. with them.
I have a folder full of these messages and emails. I went to the sheriff's dept. and was told there was nothing they could really do except that she had a county warrant here for a hot check so IF I wanted them to they could have her brought here on that and she would be held for 3 days and released. He asked if I wanted her out and down here? She lives in Tenn.
I desperately need advice.... she is bipolar manic schizophrenic.... can anyone help me....

posted in wrong place

I think I have posted this in the wrong place. Can someone tell me where to put it for answers please
Tia

why haven't you called the police and file a report? What she is doing is a crime in many states and if you haven't done that, you should consider doing it like...yesterday!

I talked to a Police Dept. Detective who said i am out of city limits and to talk to Sheriff's Dept. I went to them and was told what I wrote in the above post that there was nothing they could do but pick her up and extradite her down here on a hot check warrant if i wanted to and ask me if i wanted her down here. Apparently he was saying i could ask that she be picked up on the hot check warrant that has nothing to do with me... I do not understand this and I am scared now in my own home...I was getting calls from men from those sites b4 changing my phone number and my address was there too...
So i have gone to the police to no avail. What now?
Tia

I forgot to add that one of the instant messages she sent she told us our bank account number and said she had our social security numbers also. We went to the bank to fix our account on that one... I now have panic attacks when I receive anything from her and have been put on meds for it...
T

Have you tried calling the police in her town in TN to report this issue? Give them as much information as possible so they can proceed with the investigation.

Funny you asked... as i finished answering your post here I went to her town's police dept. online and emailed what I wrote here to a detective there...I will let you know what I hear from him.... thank you for working with me on this...
T

This is the detective's answer...
Tia,
I feel for you with what you are going through.
First, I would encourage you to contact your local authority, city PD, County PD, etc.
Ask them to prepare a case for harassment by wire, (if such law exists in TX)
It is much easier to work a case like this from the victim's side.
Your local phone service can put a trap on your line to catch incoming numbers and calls (need police case #)
and your internet provider can supply the info needed as evidence for the police in your area (need police case #)
All of this information is readily available if you file with your local police. Another agency would need attempt to subpoena this information which proves difficult.
Hope this helps,

I had already contacted the local's who told me there was nothing they could really do on one count because Yahoo will not work with them even to catch child molesters.
I do not understand any of this. One woman on this site had charges filed and went to court for a voicemail! I have been publicly humiliated, defamed, slandered and harassed in every way and keep being told nothing can apparently stop this woman... WHY?
T

Hire an attorney then to take over this case. If you cannot afford one, see if you can find a legal aid service in your hometown or check with the court house for pro-bono attorneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back