Consumer Law, Warranties petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

joflewbyu2

In my neighborhood there was a vote on mailboxes with lights all to be the same. The majority vote was yes and the board passed on a $350 charge. Many residents were outraged and a petition to remove the board members was started. More than half the neighborhood signed the petition and sent it certified mail to the management company. Since the petition did not name new board members to replace the ones requested to be removed the attorney for the management company deemed it unacceptable. Since the petition was shot down the people that signed the petition are being told they are responsible for the attorney fees involved in this matter. Can this be true? I am also being told they are holding all the petitioners liable together. They tell us if the attorney fee is $5,000 and 100 people signed the petition, each petitioner is responsible for their $50 share and that we are all equally responsible til the full amount is paid. I thought this petition was going to a board meeting, not an attorney. If we were originally complaining about $350, why would we get an attorney involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back