Child Custody with a relative

Status
Not open for further replies.

plh45

My 16 year old son was out of control and I had to send him to a relative to live with to escape the enviroment in April 08. I signed over guardenship 4 months ago.

Now 6 months later the relative is presenting me with several agreements for child support, legal custody.

These agreements are not defined as far as lenght of time, or a defined dollar amount needed for support. The relative is asking for full rights of decision of education, religion, ect.

The agreements are vague and one sided. I feel this relative is seeking monetary gains and since the agreement is not well defined I refuse to sign them. She has served me with the papers during a visit to my son's ball game. I live in WV she is in CO and I am concerned about signing not knowing the state laws of CO?

I have no problem providing health care insurance, financial support. She has already added my son to her dental insurance and is telling me she needs the documents to add him to your family health insurance that is provided by her employment. She is a parole officer for the state. What should I do?

Did you file the guardianship papers in court? If not, then you should. Custody papers shouldn't be necessary, however your relative is entitled to child support through the courts if she has legal guardianship. You should probably get an attorney in CO to handle this for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back