NSF Fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

alana

I work for a national Bank that picks and chooses who and when to charge NSF fees. They will almost always reund the NSF fee to a select group of people, It is one customer that is very wealthy and forgets to deposit or some other excuse, ends up with several NSF fees, the bank refunds those, but Joe Blow comes in with five bucks they charge him as much as possible. Is this legal? I feel it is morally wrong.

They can charge whatever fees they are contractually entitled to. They are allowed to forgive the fees on an individual basis if they wish. As long as they're not violating the usury laws or something like that, they're within their rights.

Possibly, the clients that are wealthy are more inclined than the Joe Blows to kick up a fuss about fees. In fact, that might have something to do with being wealthy in the first place. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I'm reminded of the scene in The Incredibles where Mr. Incredible tells the poor customer, about to be shafted by the insurance company he works for, how to properly file the claim so they'll be paid...

I have worked for banks for years and they all pick and choose who they refund the fe's for-- that is just how it is.... But I hear your pain-- I was there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back