My son committed Suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonlygramma

My son was 24 years old and had a very rare Blood disorder known as Anti-Thrombi 111 deficiency. His blood would clot. He was diagnosed when he was 14 1/2 years old. They had him on at first Coumedin (Blood thinner) which they immediately took him off because of his age. Than he was put on heparin
and Lovenox (Blood thinner) Than a new doctor put him back on Coumedin and than they tried Plavix. He was on numerous pain meds such as codeine, morphine which he became allergic to, than Lora tab, than a PA prescribed and put him on Oxecodone. My son did not like taking that drug but because he was prescribed 30's he became addicted. He began to have sleepless nights. So his PA. prescribed him Zannex, my son became addicted to that and than started complaining about sore muscles so his
PA than gave him muscle relaxers. I got on the phone and talk to the PA and begged him to take him off of that combination of scripts. He said he is over 21 its up to him to tell me. It was exactly 3 to 4 months after being put on those scripts that he began having suicidal thoughts
and than on September 26,2008 he pulled the trigger.
Unfortunately for my son, I went on line after the fact and looked up what should be mixed together and what should not be mixed. Oxecodone should never have been mixed with a Muscle relaxer. And Oxecodone causes sleepless nights so he should never have been prescribed a sleeping pill. This PA to my knowledge never monitored his blood levels. He doesn't know where his Blood clots were or anything else, other than seeing the darkness in his legs. The last 2 weeks of my son's life he was as white as a ghost and very weak he had constant pain in his stomach area. We never found out what was causing it.
That drug Oxecodone is an oxymoron of Heroine, and should be taken off the market. Just within my small circle of individuals have come in contact with, People have told of 5 people that have killed themselves while on those combination of drugs legally or illegal.
I'm sure because they get so addicted they do not take them properly and it makes it worse, but if it was not so available there would be less suicides.
Has anyone else experienced similar situations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back